Monday 12 July 2010

Claire Curneen

Contemporary artist, born in Ireland, working in Wales, Curneen is a practitioner I wouldn't normally be conscious of. Again thanks to my visit to the Fitzwilliam, I stumbled across one of her pieces in the gallery and was instantly drawn to it.



The piece entitled 'Blue Series Lady' instantly caught my eye, with my current view for natural elements and the body as a canvas. I did a quick sketch and moved on.



After an hour or so spent in the rest of the museum I couldn't stop thinking about the sculpture, and so I returned and drew it again.



Cureen's website can be found HERE, again some interesting videos of the artist talking about her work.

Some other images of her pieces can also be seen here:



2 comments:

  1. I like these a lot, really reminds me of something, but I'm struggling to remember what.
    Perhaps it's ice mummies...
    Hmmm.
    Definitely reminds me of an illustrator. Will have to give this some big thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like these, especially the top one, it's like the flowers are a lovely floral tattoo.

    ReplyDelete