Wednesday 10 March 2010

Box Construction - Part 1

I went to visit my parents for the weekend and began the design/makings of a prototype box.

It was a great experience, doing man things with my dad. Hanging out in the garage. Mugs of tea perched on saw-dusted sides. Lots of hands on hips, and nods of heads, and vocal inhales of thoughtful breath.

Essentially, we spent most of the 4 hours outside chatting about design and running through a number of ideas. Drawing sketches (not on paper with pencils, but on random pieces of wood and plastic with big marker pens), planning everything before making any moves. My Dad is an engineer after all.

So I/we now have a good idea of how we're going to make this thing, but on the day we only got as far as cutting a hole in a plastic tub. But both agreed it was a success.



Part 2 will take place in the next couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment