Monday 14 June 2010

Project 2 - Initial thoughts

Time to move on then.

I did have a number of possible project ideas on the lead up to this point, however due to the learning experience I had during the development process for Project 1, I now find myself rather wary of how now to proceed with anything new.

My ideas start out as thoughts in the night that come from nowhere but then keep me awake for hours as i try to make notes in the dark. The following morning I then find myself less enthused about them and find some way to procrastinate. Eventually I will start something, test something out, make something new. I'll do this for a number of ideas, most with no initial connection and most with no real rounded content to research. My theories come out of my practice. Make something, then work out what it means, then develop the meaning before creating the final work.

Project 1 went around in circles before the spark was found, will this be the same for my future work? Is there a different way of approaching something new?

The plan is to begin as I normally do, but I'm also going to start exploring new methods of development and production.

No comments:

Post a Comment