Wednesday 3 November 2010

French Exchange Idea

'New' Family Portrait
An idea as a possible side project came about a few weeks back, but in true tradition i forgot about it until last night.

My school had a french exchange program with college in Angers, France.

A connection between 2 locations, a relationship between people and space.

When the french kids are over, the plan would be to take traditional family portraits of the english families, but with the addition of the exchange child. Embed them within the family, as if they have always been a part of it, but in the knowledge that they are only part of it for that week and that week only.

My sister partook in the french exchange in the early 90's. She is one of the only people I know that is still in contact with her french other. Earlier this year I was invited to the exchange students wedding. I regret not going.

No comments:

Post a Comment